Wednesday, March 31, 2010

RapeLay

CNN on RapeLay video game

I have to admit, I'm not familiar with Hentai games, but I am intrigued! I'd like to play this one, called RapeLay...

The object of the game is to rape and brutalize young teenage girls. Mmmmm.

Women's rights groups all around the world are up in arms over this. What a bunch of whiny, self-righteous, sanctimonious nags!!

Hey, people, this is just fantasy. You know, things you do in your imagination that you'd never do in real life? It's downright therapeutic to go through these kinds of psychic exercises to purge yourself of dark tendencies.

People have been playing such violent video games for ages and our society is still intact and we haven't created a whole new generation of rapists, murderers, and thugs.

Oh, and don't even *try* to bring up the few instances of aberrant behaviour that have been sensationalized in the news. The truth is, there has always been, and there will always be, mentally disturbed people in our society. We cannot live our lives in fear of inciting these perverts to action.

For the rest of us, there is nothing wrong with these games. The argument that they "desensitize" us to violence is nonsense. I love watching shows like Spartacus: Blood and Sand and 300, but that hasn't made me a violent individual. I still feel empathy for those who suffer pain from crime or war. I'm still very compassionate.

How to explain this apparent inconsistency? Simple...

Like most people, I can make the distinction between fantasy and reality. I can embrace my dark side, and stay firmly grounded in the light. Like a master thespian, I can play evil without *being* evil. I can have fun playing Devil's advocate without subscribing to demonic creed.

In short, I recognize the duality of my (human) nature, and I am not afraid to explore both aspects. Critics of RapeLay cower in fear over their own potential to do evil. They do not understand that such games *defuse* such tendencies...

[Editor's note: By the way, RapeLay is marketed to adults, NOT kids.]

No comments:

Post a Comment