Thursday, May 27, 2010

House Warming Gift

27-inch iMac for my new condo next year:
  • 2560x1440 screen
  • 2.66GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
  • 4GB 1066MHz DDR3
  • 1TB hard drive 7200 rpm
  • ATI Radeon HD 4850 w/512MB
  • 8x double-layer SuperDrive
  • Wireless Magic Mouse
  • Wireless keyboard
  • AppleCare Protection Plan
C$2,298

It doesn't have the most powerful processor (2.8GHz i7), but I'm not a power user and I don't run high-performance apps. The gorgeous 27" screen is the main attraction, as is the 1TB hard drive (my goal in life is to break the 1TB barrier). This will make for an excellent development machine, as well as for hacking into the Pentagon a là "24".

I was going to get the 15" MacBook Pro (to avoid cable mess and for small footprint), but -- dammit! -- that huge screen is seductive. And at any rate, I want to achieve my life goal...

No comments:

Post a Comment