Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Blue Valentine

I love a film that takes you to the edge of melancholy and depression...

It's very sad but it's so beautiful.

It will keep you thinking - and feeling - about the possibilities for long-term love for days after you've left the cinema.

Wretched and beautiful, devastating and passionate, Blue Valentine evokes every inch of its title's dichotomy.

Emotionally raw, heartbreakingly beautiful and superbly acted.

Pulls no punches in terms of its heavy subject matter and boasts wonderful performances from stars Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams.

Exquisitely painful to watch.

Assuming one can use the word "enjoy" for what might be the greatest feel-bad movie of the year, I enjoyed BLUE VALENTINE a lot.


After reading these reviews from Rotten Tomatoes, I almost feel like slitting my own wrists...

I can hardly wait to see the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment